Clothes Dryer Repair Tips
You always find out when your dryer is broken when you have a load of wet, soggy clothes. Give Seattle Appliance Service and Repair Company a call and we’ll be out to fix your dryer the same day – that will ease your laundry day blues!
• Important Tip - Follow the proper loading procedure and machine operation.
• Important Tip - Never overload the dryer.
- If your dryer doesn’t run or there is no power.
1. Check for a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse. Check wall socket for power with voltmeter.
2. Check for broken door switch.
3. Make sure your dryer didn’t overheat. Give it a few minutes to cool down and then try it again.
- If the clothes are not getting dry.
1. Make sure the dryer is not pushed back against the rear exhaust duct causing an air flow restriction.
2. Make sure the clothes are coming out of the washer spun damp dry. If the washer is not spinning the clothes damp dry, the dryer will not dry the clothes in a normal amount of time.
3. Cleaning the dryer filter before each load increases the efficiency of the machine and decreases the chance of fire.
4. Clean out the dryer vent hose, as well as the rest of the vent duct.